Tuesday 27 October 2015

Emenike: I’ve nothing against Oliseh

Al Ain of UAE striker Emmanuel Emenike has maintained his decision to quit international football had nothing to do with coach Sunday Oliseh.

Emenike announced he will no longer be available for selection by Nigeria to join Lille goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, who also called time on his Eagles career.

A file picture taken on February 6, 2013 shows Nigeria’s forward Emmanuel Emenike celebrating after scoring a goal during the 2013 African Cup of Nations semi-final football match Mali vs Nigeria in Durban. Nigeria striker Emmanuel Emenike on October 20, 2015 announced his retirement from international football, after a barren spell in front of goal. AFP PHOTO

“I have absolutely nothing against the coach (Oliseh),” said the 28-year-old Emenike, who has gone more than two years without scoring a goal for Nigeria.

“As for me, I still remain loyal to coach Sunday Oliseh and I want to believe he understands my decision.

“My decision has nothing to do with the coach, who is a brave man, a technically sound person, my decision has nothing to go against his vision for the Super Eagles.

The 2013 AFCON top scorer has equally thrown his weight behind the Eagles to qualify for both the 2017 AFCON and 2018 World Cup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment